Property Remediation and Development
Turning toxic pollution into economic opportunity
- The Summary
- A former polluted military installation gets a new lease on life as a cleaned up contributor to the local business community, with help from AlterEcho’s remediation experts
- The Client
- The US Environmental Protection Agency and the State of California, overseeing the redevelopment of the former McClellan Air Force Base, Sacramento, CA
- The Rundown
- Our team has spent nearly two decades at this military base, providing remediation oversight and providing information at public meetings during the transition from active base to closure and reuse.
- Our experts worked with Federal, state and local environmental agencies—including technical and legal representatives—to determine if sites could be transferred for unrestricted use, or required institutional and/or engineering controls.
- Our work included: reviewing monitoring documents related to the investigation and remediation of sites involving groundwater, soil vapor extraction, soil excavation and groundwater well decommissioning.
- Today, the former base is now a mixed-use business park.