and Mediation Support
Providing respected advice and expertise
in mediation and allocation
- The Summary
- AlterEcho allocation expert David Batson provides litigation support to help sort out the complexities
in a challenging pollution case centered on uranium mining activities related to the World War II-era Manhattan Project.
- The Client
- A privately-held energy company
- The Rundown
- David developed an innovative allocation methodology based on the volume of waste material created by various parties at several mining sites.
- Data were developed and then compiled to establish an allocation recommendation for the combined mine sites.
- David successfully defended his expert opinion and clarified his reasoning and allocation methodology in a deposition conducted
by the Department of Justice.
- + David also assisted the litigation team as a consultant on negotiation strategy and participated on their behalf in a court-recommended mediation which
greatly narrowed the issues in dispute, and resulted in an agreement to obtain additional data regarding the site remediation from US EPA.