and Remediation Strategy
Cutting through the complexity to solve
environmental and financial uncertainty
- The Summary
- Our team steps into a complex environmental remediation process and provides a time and cost-saving path to completion.
- The Client
- Attorneys and insurers for a Pacific Northwest lumber company.
- The Rundown
- AlterEcho was brought in after discussions stalled between the lumber company and the Oregon Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) over PCB releases stemming from a wood treatment plant on the Columbia River.
- Our toxicologists developed and implemented a novel sediment data collection program and prepared a Supplemental Human Health Risk Assessment which was approved and fast-tracked by Oregon DEQ.
- AlterEcho’s findings provided Oregon DEQ with high confidence to support a risk management decision regarding residual risks that allowed sediments to remain in place.
- The complete timeline for this project was only six months, and avoided an estimated cleanup cost or more than $5 million over several years.