Affordable Housing Development
- The Summary
- We provide technical expertise, community outreach and support to help turn a former industrial Brownfield into 28 single-family homes for low-income families in a sustainable manner.
- The Client
- Habitat for Humanity East Bay (HHEB)
- The Rundown
- Evaluate the property to determine if any hazardous materials exist on-site and identify environmental risks and redevelopment options.
- Develop a strategic response plan for the safe removal and disposal of harmful materials, eliminating 1,600 yards of contaminated soil and three underground storage tanks.
- Obtain regulatory compliance with a carbon neutral green remediation.
- Help secure a $20,000 Cleanup Grant from the US EPA.
- Educate local community about redevelopment efforts and its potential benefits.
- Join in community building effort, with our employees assisting in the construction of HHEB's largest affordable-housing development.